Friday, November 12, 2004

On Wednesday I got up, did my hair nicely, put on nice clothes and makeup, sprayed myself with Coconut Lime Verbena, and went to school like usual. For some reason, at the end of the day i felt really bad about myself. I think i might have figured out why.

I realized that SO many more people talked to me on Wednesday than they usually do. Guys paid more attention to me. More people were interested in what i had to say. I didn't have anything more interesting to say than usual, they were just more interested. Is it really all because I looked better? How shallow is that? Honestly, i noticed a huge difference in attention from guys, all of a sudden they all wanted to poke me or tickle me or talk to me or touch my hair- it's kind of FAKE don't you think? And plus it pulls me apart, because I LOVE the extra attention, but i HATE why i get it.

So that's where I'm at. I'm glad that people think I look good, i just wish the world wasn't so subconciously shallow and surface level about things. Weird

-Lara

PS- Home in a week!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately for the rightous, we all taste with our eyes. If I offer you fresh stir fry (with all the textures & purty vegetable colors obvious) or stir fry that's been sitting for a day (in which case all the vegetable colors blend to a gray) which would you choose? Presentation, fortunately or not, plays a large role in our decisions and thus in our actions or lack thereof. Off the subject, where did the song (poem?) previous to this post come from? I like it.
gp ray

November 12, 2004 at 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home