Saturday, August 28, 2004

today was the most awesome day. Improv sucked, but i'm taking care of it. I actually understood sightsinging. I actually understood jazz piano. I got things done; ie I went to Hickeys and got the music stuff I needed and I went to the package trailer twice to pick up my stuff from home, and a box from Bed, Bath and Beyond that turned out to be an early birthday present from my cousin! I LOVE him so much. He got me a pillow that says "Havana" on it, and it really goes well with my room. So then I have time to come back and chill in my room for about a minute before Emily and Leigh ask me to come over, I take a quick shower and go over there. We decide that we're going to go see Garden State later in the evening, and go to dinner. Dinner was...average. Had fun, that was about it. So then after that I asked Travis if he wanted to jam with me for a while and he wanted to go to his room and do it cuz he has a piano so off we went. We played a couple things, then i wanted him to sing and for the FIRST time i heard him sing! And his voice, ladies and gentlemen, is amazing. There's something about it that makes you want to listen to it forever. It's great. So of course i wanted him to sing for like an hour straight, but we comprimised to switch off doing songs because he wanted to hear me too. It was just what i needed. Then his RA came in and chilled with us for a while, and also this girl Aimee from the other side of the dorm who is a freshman music ed piano major. So then we went to go see Garden State- Emily, Becky, Leigh, Vanessa, Travis, Aimee and I. It was SUCH A GOOD MOVIE. Jack Braff (sp?) is the MAN, can i just say. Wrote, directed, and starred in. What talent. So after that i had the bright idea to go (illegally) to Buttermilk Falls and chill for a while. So we went there, climbed a lot of stairs to where it was properly dark, and talked about loads of philosophical shit and scarey stuff and there were bats and big moths and stuff. It was perfect. And then of course a dick ranger comes and makes some comments about my bumperstickers, followed by a threat of a ticket if we didn't get out of the park. So we left. But tonight was just what I needed, i'm re-energized and ready to be all stressed out again. Maybe college won't be as bad as i'm thinking after all...

-Lara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home